Morak Events holds Two Million Dollars of “Event Insurance” for its members as a primary benefit.
Why do we have Insurance?
Insurance costs for holding community events was our original motivation for forming Morak Events Association. When holding very small events for friends, your home owners Insurance is often accepted by many venues. Renting larger venues such as state parks has required an increasing amount of “Event Insurance” from a private broker. Before we formed Morak Events our insurance cost per event was between $500 and $800 for the minimum one million dollar insurance policy that was required. By forming a non-profit organization, we were able to acquire two million dollars of event issuance for all of our events for less than the cost of insuring one large event.
Who is your insurance though?
We are insured with Farmers Insurance for our event insurance. If you are not interested in joining our co-op I’m happy to help you find affordable insurance. We are not an insurance company and do not receive referrals, but we are here to help members of the community hold events at a lower cost.
How much does it cost to join?
Our annual membership prices are listed on our application. You can compare our membership cost to non co-op brokers.
What Does Our Insurance Cover?
Event Insurance is intended to offset the risk of personal injury and property damage that occurs at the event. This is not personal heath insurance for the event but acts as a buffer, if an attendee attempts to sue the Event Coordinator, their staff, or the properties owner or their organization.
How to insure an event?
- The Event coordinator completes an Event Application and submits it to their sponsor, a minimum of 10 business days before the event. The Membership application is sufficient for event coordinators that only hold one event a year.
- The Sponsor reviews the application and consults with the Event Coordinator.
- If the application is approved, the event is added to our “Insured list” and if the site owner requires “Proof of Insurance” our insurance broker drafts a coverage letter.
What are the Event Coordinators Responsibilities?
- Register the event with Morak Events.
- Hold a safe and responsible event.
- Budget to pay the $1,000 deductible, if the insurance is needed.
- Document any incident at the event.
- Attempt to resolve issues without the insurance first.
- Notify your sponsor, if their is an insurance issue.